||Some other advantages:
- Mediation is less expensive and faster.
- Your case does not sit around waiting for a judge to hear it.
- The court process before a judge is very slow and witnesses are involved.
- At mediation there is no cross-examination for you to endure.
- At a hearing you have to go into the witness box and give evidence.
- There is no appeal after a mediation because you have agreed to the settlement. It was what you wanted. After a hearing before a judge, either party can appeal and then you have another long wait for the appeal process.
- At mediation, you have control of the way the dispute is settled. It is you and the other party who makes the decisions.